Pages

Spicy Roasted Cauliflower

I found this recipe today on pinterest and couldn't wait to try! Original recipe here.  I only made a few minor changes to make it vegan :)

You Will Need:
  • 1 whole head cauliflower
  • 2-3 tbs tahini
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • taco seasoning
  • green onions (optional, garnish)
To Make:
  1. Preheat oven to 400*
  2. Cut bottom part of cauliflower (with leaves and stem) off. Cauliflower should sit firmly without wobbling.
  3. In a separate bowl mix tahini, lemon juice and taco seasoning.
  4. Either dip the cauliflower head in the mix or spread it over evenly with  spoon (I did the latter).
  5. Top with green onions.
  6. Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes. I roasted mine for about 36 minutes. 
  7. Remove from oven, let cool then slice! I dipped mine in left over taco mix sauce. 
 Enjoy!!

 






2 comments:

  1. Hi, I noticed you started following me on Pinterest, which is cool. I also noticed that you started a board called "CSID vegan vegetarian" which makes me think perhaps you do not know what CSID is. CSID is short for "Congenital Sucrase Isomaltase Deficiency" it is a life long condition in which the patient does not produce the enzymes to break down sucrose and starch in foods-the kind found in regular foods like, fruits, veggies, beans. CSID can make infants and children very sick-hospital sick-and can result in failure to thrive and even death if undiagnosed or untreated. Meat and dairy are some of the very few things that people with CSID can eat in unlimited quantities. All other foods, including fruits and veggies must be eaten in measured amounts. I pin ideas for my child's diet that use the lower starch and sucrose foods-like this cauliflower dish, so that he can eat some veggies. Promoting CSID as a lifestyle choice is irresponsible. Promoting a vegan/vegetarian CSID diet is dangerous and potentially deadly. Please remove CSID from your description of vegan and vegetarian dishes. If you need help managing CSID or need more information about the condition, please contact me at toohonestmoms@gmail.com and I can get you information about our support groups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for your comment. I see what you mean about the title of the pinterest board being misleading. I have changed the name to "Low sugar vegan/vegetarian". I am just beginning to learn about CSID out of my own interest and honestly didn't think twice about other people reading my pinterest board. I have many boards for different dietary conditions, several of which I have myself. My pinterest board is not meant to be an a promotional tool for any lifestyle. When I have comfortable knowledge about a dietary subject I post scholarly articles and recipes to my blog. I certainly wouldn't want to influence any one in their dietary choices without having done the proper research. Apologies! Thank you for the heads up :)

      Delete

Comments: