As promised, the recipe for yesterday's creamy and hearty, low-fat, vegan, amazing soup!
You Will Need:
- 4 carrots (chopped)
- 5 stalks celery (chopped)
- 6 shiitaki mushroom tops, sliced in quarters
- tofu, optional
- 1 table spoon of veggie broth bouillon or paste
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 small potatoes or 1/2 large one, chopped into 1 inch cubes (should be about 1 cup when chopped up)
- Pepper optional (to taste)
- Add all of the ingredients (veggies, tofu and broth...save pepper and almond milk) into a large pot. Add about 5 cups of water. Cover.
- Allow the pot to simmer for about 30-40 minutes, until veggies are soft when pierced with a fork.
- Remove the cooked potatoes.
- In a small blender, mix potatoes, 1.5 cup broth and 1 cup almond milk until smooth. This will make up your creamy base.
- Pour 1 cup of creamy base into a bowl, ladle out veggies from pot and add in. Top with pepper.
- Enjoy! Make sure to save the broth in which the veggies were boiled. This is what all of the nutrients have leached out into... super healthy!