These are my new staple comfort food. Easy to make, clean and seemingly sinful.
You will need:
- 3-4 small potatoes (what you can hold in one hand)
- 1 stalk green onions, chopped
- 4 tbs nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste (or tamari)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup almond milk (any milk will do)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (optional, makes it yellow)
- 1 cup cauliflower florettes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pinch nutmeg (adds a creamy flavor)
- ketchup, optional
Sorry, I took a ton of pictures and thought they all looked good. Couldn't leave any out!
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Chop potatoes into fries
- Chop onion into small pieces
- Chop green onions
- Steam cauliflower until soft.
- When oven is ready, bake potatoes for 40-45 minutes (until browning) and onions for about 15 minutes or until browned.
- Use a blender to blend minced garlic, steamed cauliflower, nutritional yeast, almond milk, turmeric, sea salt to taste and a small pinch of nutmeg. Blend until smooth, add salt and pepper or tamari as needed.
- Once the potatoes are done, remove from oven, allow to cool and plate.
- Top with cheez sauce and mix until fries are coated.
- Top plate with green onion, baked onion and ketchup if desired.